Lake Naisvasha, Masai Mara Game Reserve, the Big Five,… make your dream come true and go enjoy an adventure-safari. You will discover the most stunning and awe-inspiring fauna and flora of Kenya. Transport; checked! Guide; checked! Itinerary; checked! Smart lodgings; checked! All you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride…during your 4x4 game drives and more!
Day 1 - Nairobi
Meet & Greet at the airport by our local representative followed by the transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 - Nairobi > Masai Mara Game Reserve (+/- 5h30)
You continue your journey to the Masai Mara Game Reserve, one of the highlights of this trip. The reserve borders the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania and owes its name to the Masai - the tribe that lives here - and the Mara, the river that flows through here. You stay for two nights. In this savannah with its occasional bush or acaccia tree you may spot elephants, giraffes, lions, rhinos, zebras, hippos and cheetahs, even a leopard looking for shade. At arrival at your hotel you receive the keys to your room and get ready for a first game drive!
Day 3 - Masai Mara Game Reserve
Bright and early you go on a second safari. At this time of the day the animals are most active. At your return to the base camp a sumptuous breakfast awaits. After a well-deserved siesta you leave for a final, scheduled safari.
Day 4 - Masai Mara Game Reserve > Lake Naivasha (+/- 6h)
Breakfast. Lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley is your next destination. A true bird-viewing paradise. You see thousands of pelicans and flamingos, and if it really lucky even a bald eagle, heron and kingfisher. You will stay 2 nights.
Day 5 - Lake Naivasha
There is a large variety of excursions you can undertake here to spend your day in a rich and rewarding way. After breakfast one has been scheduled for you: a 1-hour boat trip on the lake. This environment is primarily a bird paradise with thousands of pelicans, (fish) eagles, herons and the colourful kingfishers. In the afternoon you can choose to walk to the village for shopping.
Day 6 - Lake Naivasha > Amboselli National Park (+/- 4h)
After breakfast, you continue to the Amboseli National Park, near the border of Tanzania and the foot of the majestic Mt; Kilimanjaro. You will definitely come across herds of elephants, spot a lonesome rhin or twos and watch various species of birds. With the snow-topped Mount Kilimanjaro in the background, all your pictures are bound to produce stunning memories of unforgettable safaris in the sun!
The savannah is dotted with acacias and in and around the waterholes or marshes fed by underground rivers from the melting snow water which descends from atop Mount Kilimanjaro, wildlife abounds. This wonderful combination of natural elements and wildlife is what makes this national park unique. This afternoon you go explore during scheduled your game drive.
Day 7 - Amboseli National Park
What better way to start your day than by a delicious breakfast? Then it is time to leave on a game drive and track down the Big 5! A picnic lunch is scheduled in the park. Around 4 pm you return to your lodge to relax by the pool or just enjoy the views of the mighty Kilimanjaro.
Day 8 - Amboselli National Park > Nairobi (+/-4u) or beach stay
Breakfast plus transfer to Nairobi. Your tour ends here. Should you have some spare time, why not book a few days stay at Diana Beach and soak up the sun? We warmly welcome your pictures, tips and adventure stories on our facebook page, instagram, on our picwall and in flying colours on thetravellinggeneration.be. Check it out!
Hotels & Meals
In Kenya cooking is as diverse as its population. The cuisine differ from region to region (natural resources) and especially from one ethnic group (traditions) to another.
It seems two platters are common throughout the country:
- ugali (a Swahili word): or 'pap' made exclusively of white maize (mahindi in Swahili). It may be enhanced by the use of sorghum (mtama Swahili) or kaffercorn.
- githeri (a Kikuyu word) which is a mixture of corn and beans and may be enriched by vegetables, meat or potatoes according to tribal origin. It is prepared in the ubiquitous sufuria.
- Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages and valid for 6 months at the date of return. The required visa can be purchased online via the website www.ecitizen.go.ke at the price of 50 USD plus 1 USD processing fee, payable exclusively by credit card. Foresee a period of 7 days to receive your electronic visa.
- Travelers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travelers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
- The Belgian Embassy is located in Nairobi, Limuru Road Muthaiga tel: +254/20/7122011.
The Belgian consulate in Mombasa can be reached by fax +254/41/474236 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A comprehensive travel insurance is essential. Travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections’ Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
For all travel to and through Kenya malaria prophylaxis and protection against Hepatitis A, iDTP and yellow fever are strongly recommended. To verify the latest updates on health requirements , please surf to njections against www.itg.be
+2h (winter) +1h (summer)
Kenian Shilling (KSh of KES); 100 KES = 0.797 EUR (08/01/2018)
Methods of Payment
Bring cash dollars (small notes). A credit card is very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are widely available
Tipping is important and customary in Kenya/Tanzania/ Zanzibar as it forms an integral part of the wages.
Some guidelines: Foresee €2/pers/day for your guide and driver and adapt according to courtesy. Restaurants usually accept a 10%-15% tip (if not automatically charged to your bill); in lodge you leave 5 USD a day, and the bellman is happy with 1 USD a suitcase
Both in Kenya and Tanzania are year-round holiday destinations. From April till May tropical rains may make travel more adventurous, especially in the North. The dry periods run from late in December until mid-March and mid-June until mid-October.
Average temperatures (°C):
- 7 nights accommodation in the listed hotels or equivalent
- Full board from day 2 to day 7
- Transfers from and to the airport of Nairobi
- Transport by safari minibus with pop-up roof during game drives
- 1 boattrip on Lake Naivasha (1h)
- 3 game drives in Amboseli NP & 2 x 24h access
- 3 game drives in Masai Mara Game reserve & 2 x 24h access
- 1/2L water/pers. during the game drives
- An English speaking driver / guide
- Price per person based on quadruple occupancy
What's not included?
Your international flights, meal beverages, tips.
Good to Know
In general, Kenya safaris are performed by a 7 person 4x4 with pop-up roof. The pop-up roof opens 50cm high in order to allow all passengers to view wildlife optimally and safely. Planning a travel bag rather than a suitcase and a backpack for the day and travel light! Remember: on domestic flights baggage is restricted to 15kg.