A fast boat takes you from Bali to Nusa Penida in just over half an hour. Nature on this island southeast of Bali is flabbergastingly beautiful. No wonder Instagram shots will be piling up. It is incredible this island gem was able to hide from over attention; yet there is no doubt the island is gaining popularity fast. So don’t snooze!
You check in at Semabu Hills, located on tranquil hills with a magnificent view of the snow-white beaches that merge into a turquoise blue sea. On the day of arrival, you hop aboard the boat for a snorkeling exploration along Crystal Bay, Gamat Bay, Wall Point and Manta Point. On day 2 you will leave early in the morning for a chauffeured * trip through Penida. Early in the morning, you visit West Nusa Penida with Kelingking Beach (aka T-Rex viewpoint), Angel Billabong and Broken Beach. That way you can beat the day-trippers to the perfect selfie. After lunch, you head to the eastern part of the island and visit Cave Temple and the blissful beaches.
PS. Eager to find out what your accommodation looks like? Scroll to the blue tab 'Practical info' at the top of the page and scroll to Hotels & Meals. Chances are you will be pleasantly surprised!
Your driver on site has limited knowledge of English and guides are not available on Nusa Penida but our excursions during your stay will bring you views and activities to cherish.
Day 1 - Bali > Nusa Penida
A fast boat takes you from Bali to Nusa Penida in 35 minutes. You check in at Semabu Hills, located amidst quiet hills with magnificent views of the white beaches and turquoise blue sea. From your spacious suite (90 m²) you can admire the views from your balcony or terrace. The infinity pool is an exciting place to relax in luxury OR you could set out on an exploration and descend via a steep, rocky path to one of the paradisiacal beaches. Plenty of choice and great for snorkeling. Besides, on day 1, there is a snorkeling trip by boat scheduled along Crystal Bay, Gamat Bay, Wall Point and Manta Point!
Day 2 - Nusa Penida
Breakfast and tasty Asian dishes with island-fresh produce and seasonal specialties are served in the Castaway restaurant with sea views.
On day 2 you leave early in the morning for a trip with driver through Penida. In the morning you will visit West Nusa Penida with Kelingking Beach (also known as T-Rex viewpoint), Angel Billabong and Broken Beach, so you can make your Instagram shots before day trippers show up. After lunch you head to the eastern part of the island and visit Cave Temple and its wonderful beaches.
Day 3 - Nusa Penida
Hotels & Meals
You check in at Semabu Hills, located in the quiet hills, with a beautiful view of the snow-white beaches that meet a turquoise blue sea. Castaway is the name of the local restaurant with perfect sea views where breakfast and tasty Asian dishes are served made up by island-fresh products and seasonal specialties.
Drop off your luggage in your spacious suite (90 m²) with bedroom and separate living room and admire the view from your balcony or terrace.
And then you can explore your hotel’s facilities. The infinity pool is a wonderful place to relax in luxury, on a lounger under a parasol with your favourite drink at hand. Or, equally attractive, descend via a steep, rocky path to one of the paradise beaches and snorkels to your heart’s delight.
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 1 blank page, valid for at least 6 months at the date of arrival. No visa required for tourism purposes not exceeding a non-extendable 30-day stay if the country is entered and exited by one of the following international air or sea ports: Soekarno Hatta-Jakarta, Ngurah Rai International Airport-Bali, Kualanamu International Airport-Medan, Juanda International Airport-Surabaya, Hang Nadm International Airport-Batam, Sri Bintan Pura Seaport-Tanjung Pinang, Batam Center Seaport-Batam, Sekupang Seaport-Batam, Tanjung Uban Seaport-Tanjuung Uban. Please check for the latest updates on travel advice and documents on http://embassyofindonesia.eu
- Travelers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travelers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously reported this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Each one can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour, we will gladly suggest a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections’ Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to http://www.itg.be
Java: + 6h (winter), + 5h (summer)
Bali, Lombok & Sulawesi +7h (winter), +6h (summer)
Indonesian Rupiah; 1000 IDR = 0,064 EUR & 1 EUR = 15.557 IDR (11 DEC 2019)
Cash euros can be exchanged at most places. Credit cards are widely accepted as form of payment and ATMs are readily available.
Tipping is important and customary as it forms an integral part of the wages. Foresee €3/pers./day for your guide and driver and adapt according to courtesy.
During the rainy season from October to April you can expect a usually short but heavy shower a day.
Average Temperature (in °C):
- 2 nights incl. breakfast in listed accommodation or equivalent
- Return transfers by fast boat from Bali to Nusa Penida
- Return Transfers SIC from your hotel in South Bali to the port
- 1 snorkel boat trip including gear
- 1 day excursion on Nusa Penida by private car with driver, including admission to the planned visits and lunch
What's not included?
Good to Know
Idul Fitri is the Indonesian Sugar festival and is celebrated on 13 MAY 2021. Please be advised that heavy traffic can be expected. It is therefore wise to make allowance for extra travel time, especially due to queuing on the roads and at the ferry station.
Standard Price per person