Green Slovenia is a paradise for nature lovers. During this roundtrip we regularly exchange from base to base, along lakes, wine hills, alpine landscapes, thermal springs and picturesque towns. Fill your days with active exploration, culinary delights and... let yourself be pampered.
Day 1 & 2 - Ljubljana > Bohinj (56 km - 1h)
After landing you pick up your car and drive to Lake Bohinj, beautifully located in-between the mountains and in the vicinity of Triglav National Park. You stay here for 2 nights, so you have a full day for hiking, swimming, kayaking...
Day 3 - Bohinj > Bled >Maribor (204 km - 2h15)
Along the way make sure you take the time to visit the famous lake Bled and its medieval castle on a high cliff adjacent to the lake. There is no riush to head to Maribor as you will stay in the capital for 3 nights.
Day 4 & 5 - Maribor
Maribor, on the river Drava, has a cosy centre and a rich wine tradition. In the town you can visit a wine cellar dating from 1844, which is over one and a half kilometres long. Maribor is the ideal base for a visit to Ptuj, Slovenia's oldest city, the Jerusalem Wine Route (beautiful landscapes and tasting delicious local wines!) and hikes in this ski area in the eastern Alps.
Day 6 & 7 - Maribor > Laško (65 km - 1h)
You leave Maribor and make a stop in the ancient town of Celje with Roman remains and a medieval castle. Continue on to Laško on the Savinja River, best known for its brewery as well as its thermal springs, which are said to have a healing and rejuvenating power. The stunning natural vicinity is ideal for hiking, horseback riding or cycling.
Day 8 & 9 - Laško > Dolenjske Toplice (85 km - 1h30)
You continue south to Dolensjka Toplice. Variety here! Castles and monasteries along the Krka to visit, vineyards to go tasting, famous wellness centres and hundreds of kilometres of walking, cycling and rowing routes to explore.
Day 10 & 11 - Dolenjske Toplice > Ljubljana (79 km - 1u05)
Today you leave nature behind to spend your last days in the capital of this green country. Stroll through the colourful streets and admire the Three Bridges. Take a brisk walk (or take the cable car) to the medieval castle, you will be rewarded with a beautiful view over the old city. A guided walk through the old town (3h) where you can taste local specialties at markets and enjoy a traditional lunch is included.
Day 12 - Ljubljana
- For Belgian citizens* (babies and children as well) a valid Belgian ID suffices as well as a valid driving license.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or persons travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The online tours are just a few examples of possible travel itineraries. Each one can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
Medical interventions and costs can soon become outrageous abroad. Reflect before leaving and subscribe a decent travel insurance. Our protections All-in Premier insurance was especially designed specifically for travel to the U.S.A. and provides ample cover for all major calamities (fly-on-time and natural disasters included)!
The time zone is identical to Belgium for all listed European countries with the exception of
Greece and Finland: Belgian time +1 hour
Portugal: Belgian time -1 hour.
Albania - Lek (ALL)- 1000 ALL = 8.04 EUR & 1 EUR = 124.38 ALL (08/05/2020)
Croatia - Kuna (HRK) - 100 HRK = 13.21 EUR & 1 EUR = 7.57 HRK (08/05/2020)
Denmark - Krone (DKK) - 100 DKK = 13.40 EUR & 1 EUR = 7.46 DKK (08/05/2020)
Georgia - Lari (GEL), 100 GEL = 28,79 EUR & 1 EUR = 3.47 GEL (25/05/20)
Iceland - Króna (ISK), 1000 ISK = 6,40 EUR & 1 EUR = 156,13 ISK (25/05/20)
Norway - Krone (NOK) - 100 NOK = 9.04 EUR & 1 EUR = 11.06 NOK (08/05/2020)
Poland - Zloty (PLN) - 100 PLN = 21,96 EUR & 1 EUR = 4.55 PLN (08/05/2020)
Romania - Leu (RON) 100 RON = 20.70 EUR & 1 EUR = 4.83 RON (08/05/2020)
Serbia - Dinar (RSD) - 1000 RSD = 8.50 EUR & 1 EUR = 117.56 RSD (08/05/2020)
Sweden - Krone (SEK) - 100 SEK = 9.42EUR & 1 EUR = 10.61 SEK (08/05/2020
Finland = EUR
Greece = EUR
Italy = EUR
Malta = EUR
Montenegro = EUR
Portugal = EUR
Slovenia = EUR
Spain = EUR
The European climate is as diverse as its countries. Global warming often portrays very different temperatures than were the norm a few years ago. If we would dare to any draw a line in it, we could generally speaking state that
- Southern Europe (Albania, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Montenegro, Portugal, Serbia & Spain) enjoys a warm Mediterranean climate. Summer gets cozy and temperatures around 30°/35° C are no exception, especially during July and August. In addition to beautiful hues, autumn also brings slightly milder temperatures that remain very pleasant.
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Georgia) temperatures can rise considerably during the summer months of July and August. The 'golden Polish fall' usually brings pleasant temperatures around 20°C.
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden) summer it is quite pleasant for those who do not like extreme temperatures. Averages fluctuate around 20°C in Denmark. The further north you go, the lower the temperatures can drop. Mind you here as well exceptions rule. In July 2018, a temperature of 32°C has been recorded in Copenhagen! !
- Return flight Brussels - Ljubljana incl. luggage and subject to availability in booking class L or T (L: APR, MAY, SEP 2021 - T: JUN, JUL, AUG 2021)
- 11 nights' stay incl. breakfast in the mentioned hotels or equivalent
- 12-day rental car incl. insurance without excess 1/2pers: Type EDMR, 3 Pers: Type CDMR, 4 pers Type CWMR)
- Culinary citytour of Ljubljana
What's not included?
Unlisted meals and drinks, tipping, fuel, additional insurances, personal expenses and travel insurance.
Standard Price per person
Standard PLUS Price per person