Peru is enchanting, fascinating and an enigmatic destination that captures the imagination of every culture enthusiast. You can admire the ruins of legendary civilisations. Who has not heard of Machu Picchu, the masterpiece of the Incas? Peru has it all: the majestic Andes overlooking the Amazon, the Altiplano and the vast Lake Titicaca. So take a deep breath, because this is just a start.
Day 1 & 2 - Lima
You are welcomed at your arrival and transferred to your hotel in Lima, your home away from home for the next two days. Rest of the day and tomorrow at leisure to explore the beautiful city of Lima at your own pace. The sea-hugging capital is often nicknamed the 'Pearl of The Pacific Ocean' thanks to its romantic charm inspired by the many old churches, squares and authentic facades.
Optional Excursion Day 2
Half day visit to the city of Lima. Colonial Lima: the historic centre with 50 monuments and colonial buildings, the Art Museum, the Law Courts, the squares, the Palaces of the Government and the Archbishop, the Cathedral with the tomb of Francisco Pizarro, founder of the city of Lima. Next stop is the San Francisco Monastery with its catacombs. Walk through modern Lima: panoramic views of the beautiful residential areas such as El Olivar in San Isidro, Miraflores, the Pucllana Pyramid & Love Park. Afternoon at leisure.
Day 3 - Lima > Juliaca > Puno
Today you travel on to Juliaca and Puno. At your arrival your transfer to your hotel awaits.
Day 4 - Puno > Uros Islands > Amantani Island (B-L-D)
In the morning you leave for a visit to the Uros Islands (1h30). These artificial islands are located in the Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world. Then you board a boat to Amantani island where you check into your basic local hut for the night. After lunch, a programmed trekking takes you to the temple of Pachatata and Pachamama. Dinner is foreseen as well.
Day 5 - Puno > Taquile Island
Today you enjoy breakfast before the carck of dawn because with a little luck you will soon witness a stunning sunrise. By boat you reach the island of Taquile that you explore at your own pace. In the evening you return to Puno and your hotel.
Day 6 to 8 - Puno > Cuzco
Transfer to Puno bus station for your coach trip to Cuzco. At your arrival yuou check in at your hotel. Tomorow and the day after you will be escavating the city and its neighbouring Sacred Valley. Cuzco was once the capital of the Inca Empire. The european style architecture linked with the grandeur of Inca building techniques an a distinct Spanish touch make this city unequalled in its kind. A matchless unicum in Peru.
Optional excursion (day 6)
- By tourist bus to Cusco (394km, 7 am-5.30pm), an itineray lined with villages and mountains. Visit during transfer to Cusco: the Pukara Museum with sculptures dating back to the pre-Inca culture. The Raya's Pass with its many llamas and alpacas. Raqchi or Wiracocha Temple and the Andahualyllas with the Sistine Chapel of the Americas with its beautiful paintings, jewelry and colonial art. (lunch)
Optional excursions (day 7 & 8)
- Half day visit to Cusco with the Cathedral, the Qorikancha Temple, Saqsayhuaman, Q'enqo where religious ceremonies used to take place, the Inca checkpoint Puca Pucara, and the religious site Tambomachay and its connection with water in the form of fountains, aqueducts and canals.
- Full day visit to Sacred Valley visiting Awana Kancha weaving mill, Pisac local market, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo archaeological site. (lunch).
Day 9 - Cuzco
Transfer to the station of Poroy where you board the train to the last refuge of the Incas, Machu Picchu. The last short stretch is by bus. This breathtaking site is the must see of Peru. Machu Picchu was built by the Incas in the second half of the 15th century. Not a hair on your head that would think of skipping this world wonder right? And justifiably so.
- Private visit (+/- 3 hours) to the ruins of Machu Picchu
Day 10 - Cuzco
Hotels & Meals
In Peru, each region has its own flavours and flairs when it comes to cooking. At any stage during your travel you will be able to try out something new. And it's a big country, so there’s a big choice !!! Tomatoes, potatoes, corn and red peppers are the main ingredients of the Peruvian cuisine!
Typical dishes are ceviche (raw fish marinated in lime juice), aji de gallina (chicken, processed yellow chili sauce) and recotto relleno (chilli peppers stuffed with meat, potatoes and eggs). Do not be surprised if you are served guinea pig, cuy in Peruvian. This is a very popular dish among locals and highly recommended!
Make sure to try Peru’s national drink, Pisco Sour. This cocktail is made with lime, sugar, water and egg white and is a true delight, for the alcohol lovers amongst you!
- All Belgian nationals must be in possession of a Belgian international e-passport (electronic). As from 9 June 2018 Peru Custom Officials will start a strict enforcement of the passport validity, which is set to a minimum of 6 months of validity at the date of entry. Any stay not exceeding 90 days for tourism purposes do not require a visum. Interesting and essential travel information can be found on travel Advice Gov.UK . A temporary passport is not valid for entry.
- A credit card is mandatory for hotel stays and car rentals.
- Travelers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travelers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections’ Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- -7 hours
- Nuevo Sol: (PEN); 100 PEN = 26.97 EUR; 1 EUR = 3.71 PEN (30/10/19)
The most convenient method of payment is by credit card but cash euros and dollars in small amount come in handy. ATMs should be available in the larger cities.
Peru has a temperate climate. Exception is the tropical Amazon region where the average temperature is around 28° C. For dry coastal strip that rarely sees rain and the temperature often varies between 14° C and 22° C the most favorable months are October to April. For the Andes and Amazon that period runs from April to October. Indeed, the Sierra enjoys a spring climate. Temperatures drop significantly depending on the altitude (between 8° and 18° C lower) and travel to Cuzco and Machu Picchu is not recommended during the months of January and February!
Average Max. Temperatures (in °C):
- 9 nights B&B in listed accommodation or equivalent
- Programmed transfers with Spanish speaking driver or by coach as indicated in the program
- Day 4-5: visits in group with English speaking guide, entry fees, 1x lunch and 1x dinner
- Day 9: Group visit to Machu Picchu (3 hours, bus and admission to Machu Picchu)
- Price per person sharing
What's not included?
International and domestic flights, airport taxes (inbound flight to Juliaca with stop in Lima, outbound flight from Cuzco), all non-listed services, meals and beverages as well as personal expenses.
Good to Know
ENRICH YOUR TRIP EVEN MORE :
Would you like to include more excursions beforehand?
Option 1: Book our comprehensive excursion cluster (min. 2 participants) at €225/pp
Day 2 : Half day visit to colonial & modern Lima
Day 3 : Visit to Sillustani (private) en-route from Juliaca to Puno
Day 6 : Tourist bus Puno-Cuzco with guide, visits, admission and lunch (instead of regular, local bus)
Day 7 : Half day visit to Cuzco, including admission
Day 8 : Entire day visit to the Sacred Valley including admission and lunch
Day 9 : Privately guided visit to Machu Picchu (3 hours)
INCA TRAIL TREKKING € 380/PERS.
Is the well-known Inca Trail still part of your travel bucket list? Why wait! We can include it in this itinerary. All it takes is 3 additional nights added to your existing itinerary.
Let us advise you.
SALKANTAY TRAIL TREKKING € 275/PERS.
Lesser know but at least as beautiful, the Salkantay Trail trekking comes really recommended.
Standard Price per person
Superior Price per person