You travel from bustling Montreal to Magog and romantic Quebec City. You follow the banks of the spirited St-Lawrence-River till you reach Ontario, drive on to Toronto and its magic, world famous Niagara Falls and round off your trip in Canada’s brilliant capital: Ottawa.
Day 1 - Montreal
Arrival at the airport of Montreal. Transfer independently to your hotel in the centre of town. At the reception you will receive your personalised roadbook (day-to-day programme). The rest of the day is at leisure to further explore Montreal.
Day 2 & 3 - Montreal > Cantons-de-l'Est (104 km)
Plan a visit to the Old Harbour and the Notre Dame Cathedral in the morning before you set out to the Eastern Townships. The Anglo-Saxon charm of this region will undeniably move you and bring to mind images and pictures of New England.
Many of the area's first settlers were loyalists who had served in British regiments, but soon came those who sought a new life and were attracted by the chance to acquire land: English, Irish, Scottish and finally French speaking settlers moved in. The mix of all cultures resulted in the apparent and rich heritage reflected in the cities, towns and countryside today.
The next day is a day of leisure in order for you to explore the region of Magog-Orford and relax or get some action. There's a famous golf court, a majestic lake with public beaches, about 200 restaurants, bars and shops and kilometers of walking and cycling trails.
Day 4 & 5 - Cantons-de-l'Est > Quebec (265 km)
Today you drive alongside the St Lawrence River to the heart of the francophone province of Quebec to the city of Quebec. Tour the only walled city in North America and listen to its fascinating history and feel its European ambiance, all at your own pace.
Tomorrow you go on a full-day excursion to Quebec City, the provincial capital and discover the historical treasures and wonderful joie-de-vivre atmosphere of Quebec City. Tour through the only walled city in North America, and walk the cobblestoned streets which give the old town this distinct European feel. Highlights include the Upper and Lower Towns, the Parliament Buildings, the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, Place d'Armes, Quebec National Assembly and the Notre Dame Basilica.
Days 6 - 7 - St.-Alexis-des-Monts
Saint-Alexis-des-Monts where you will spend the next two nights is located in beautiful Mauricie. You can go for walks or go mountain biking (on marked trails). You have access to the private beach of the resort, where you can go boating, canoe, windsurf and sail on the quiet lake.
At surcharge you can enjoy canoeing on the river, make a flight by seaplane, go water skiing, scuba-diving and golf. Suppers are served.
Day 8 - Quebec > Montebello (265 km)
The Outaouais region, in south-western Québec, welcomes visitors year round for activities (rides on a steam train, canoe-camping, hot air balloon ...). It is also a top destination amongst hunting, fishing and canoe-camping enthusiasts.
At Montebello's Parc Oméga, get a close-up view of the deer, wapiti, bison, boar, moose, wolves and other creatures that freely roam the park... right from the comfort of your own car. Or stop by the seigniorial manor of a great political figure at Manoir Papineau, a national historic site.
Day 9 - Montebello > Kingston (272 km)
Across the border with Ontario, the natural beauty of the region of 1000-Islands is bound to enchant you. Kingston is a colonial gem, a city rich with history and hallmarks of Canada's colonial past. It is home to the prestigious Queen's University, charming old neighbourhoods, quaint shops and a vibrant waterfront.
A wide variety of attractions are available, such as tours of Fort Henry, the Royal Military College, or cruises in nearby Gananoque around the '1000 Islands'; a system of small islets spread over deep, inviting lakes. Overnight in Kingston.
Days 10 - 11 - Kingston > Toronto (260 km)
Discover what lies behind Toronto's famous skyline. Experience the sights and sounds of this cosmopolitan city as you explore the downtown area and residential areas. Highlights include the Eaton Centre, old and new City Halls, Casa Loma, Yorkville and the University of Toronto.
You will pass by the Rogers Centre (formerly known as the SkyDome) and the CN-Tower and drive along the harbour front for a complete impression of this city.
Day 12 - Toronto > Ottawa (400 km)
Drive east along the shores of Lake Ontario until you reach Ottawa, where you spend the remainder of your day exploring the charms of Canada's capital city. Make sure to stroll along the famous Rideau Canal (designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site) which turns into the largest natural ice skating ring in the world during winter.
And why not see the residences of the Prime Minister and Governor-General, visit the Royal Canadian Military Police museum and stables or discover what the bustling Byward Market has to offer? The city's many museums, galleries and boutiques offer you all the shopping fun you may wish.
Day 13 - Ottawa > Montreal (200 km)
Today you return to Montreal. En-route you can stop for lunch in Rigaud at the famous cabin 'La Sucrerie de la Montagne' before you head to Canada's second largest French speaking city in the world.
Day 14 - Montreal
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 13 nights in Standard/Superior accommodation
- All meals listed in the programme
- The Niagara Falls cruise
- Your custom-made roadbook (day-to-day itinerary)
What's not included?
Good to Know
The Grand Prix de Formule 1 is held from 08/06 - 11/06. Please note there is no vacancy in Montreal during this period.
There is a discount for kids (2-11 years old) who share the room with two adults.
You stay 2 additional nights in St.-Alexis-des-Monts, relaxation and lakeside activities guaranteed.
Accommodation on days 2, 3 and 6 in B&B. The quadruple room (4 adults) consists of connecting rooms. If booked by 2 adults and 2 children the accommodation will be suited to one family room.
Standard Price per person
Superior Price per person