This extension will show a lesser known yet fascinating part of the history of Québec. Your reside at the beautiful Hotel-Museum Wendake First Nation which combines authenticity and modernity. Its unusual architecture is inspired by traditional long houses of the Amerindian people. Located on the banks of the St. Charles River, is surrounded by themed gardens and walking trails. A stay rich in experiences and discoveries that combines culture, nature and gastronomy!
Day 1 - Wendake (D)
KWE (welcome) After your arrival, you settle in your room and enjoy your free time to explore the grounds, the gardens and surrounding trails. Tonight you are invite to indulge in a delicious gourmet dinner, a tribute to the Amerindian cuisine. After nightfall you head for the longhouse where myths and legends transport you back to the time of the First Nations. Around the fire, you can sip from your Labrador tea, taste bread bannock and enjoy a hot chocolate.
Day 2 - Wendake (B-L-D)
This morning you canoe down the kabir Kouba river in the company of a guide. This river borrows its name from a legend. After a short walk through the forest, you'll arrive at the traditional site, Huron. During its visit you will discover the daily life of the Huron-Wendat nation, past and present. A traditional meal graced by Amerindian dances round off this perfect day in a suiting manner. make sur eto pop in at the Huron-Wendat Museum of the hotel upon your return. A gourmet supper is served.
Day 3 - Wendake
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 2 nights in a comfort room in Hôtel Museum The First Nations****
- Meals as indicated (b = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Admission to the Huron-Wendat museum
- Evening'Myths and Legends' in the longhouse (1h30)
- Guided excursion 'canoe and Tradition' (4h30, lunch included)
What's not included?
Good to Know
Participation by minimum 2 persons required. Your accommodation during this extension is based on a 'room only' stay, unless mentionned otherwise.
Tuesdays>Thursdays Price per person
Fridays>Mondays Price per person