On your programme: the two leading cities of Eastern Canada. That is bustling Montreal and historic Québec. And, guess what. Besides travelling by rental car between Montreal and Quebec you can also make the transfers comfortably sitting back and enjoying the ride by train! Two cool, relaxed and budget-friendly ways to discover these two major cities in the east of this beautiful country.
Day 1 - Brussels > Montreal
Finally your citytrip starts. Today you board your Air Transat direct flight from Brussels to Montreal where you will arrival in the afternoon. Check-in at your hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the Montreal night scene at your own pace.
Day 2 - Montreal
Setting out to explore Montreal can be done in many different ways. Strolling through the streets of the old harbour, for example, and popping in at the Notre-Dame Basilica, the Biodome, the 1976 Olympics park or enjoying the views from the Mont Royal park while you enjoy a picnic? Whatever you decide, you will taste the lust for life so apparent in Montreal, one of Canada's most captivating and vibrant cities. And why not book an exquisite hop on hop off ticket (optional) in advance. This way you will see more in less time and get to know the story behind the scenes as well.
Day 3 - Montreal
Are you one of the shop-until-you-drop addicts? You will be in heaven again today as dozens of shops on street level and underground will tempt you. You will be lost for choice!
If shopping is not your cup of tea, why not discover the city from the Saint Lawrence River (optional). On board a silent, eco-friendly, non-polluting boat you will explore the harbour and old Montreal.
Day 4 - Montreal > Quebec City
Today you board the train from Montreal to Quebec. No traffic congestion to worry about, ample legroom and the freedom to move around and the soothing swaying motion with the comforting clickity-clack. What a way to travel! Or you hop in your rental car and head towards Quebec City.
Day 5 - Quebec City
Quebec is unique in that it is North America’s only walled city and it has a distinctive man-size European feel. Make sure you visit the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, the Notre Dame Basilica, the National Assembly and Parliament Buildings. In the evening, stroll through the city’s pedestrian-friendly cobble-stoned streets and soak up the lovely laid back atmosphere of Vieux Quebec. Today or tomorrow you will also enjoy a wonderfully guided cruise on the St Laurent (included).
Day 6 - Quebec City
Want a unique experience? Take the height and fly over the only fortified city in North America by helicopter, adrenaline guaranteed (optional). Are you less adventurous or do you simply wish to keep your feet on the ground? Why not opt for a bike ride (2h30 - optional).
Day 7 - Quebec City > Montreal > Brussels
Too soon your last day in this beautiful province has come around. You return to Montreal by train or by rental car. Tonight you fly back to Brussels.
Day 8 - Montreal > Brussels
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- Direct return flight Brussels - Montreal on Air Transat (Economy Class)
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at the Méridien Versailles in Montreal
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at the Hotel Pur Québec Pur
- Excursion : Guided cruise in Quebec City on day 5 of 6
- Your train ticket Montreal - Quebec- Montreal in Economy class or Avis rental car for the length of your this stay
- Travel period: 03 MAY - 21 MAY & 06 SEP - 18 OCT
What's not included?
Your airport - hotel transfer and the train station - hotel return transfer ( It is possible to book a airport - hotel transfer at arrival for €92/car (max 3 p.).
Good to Know