On your programme: East Canada city-hopping. The cosmopolitan Toronto, charming Ottawa, historic and vibrant Montreal & Quebec. And what tops it all: you need not even rent a car... just sit back and be driven in comfort across amazing and pristine landscapes along the train (t)rails.
Day 1 - 2 - Toronto
Arrival in Toronto. You receive your travel documents at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. After a good night's sleep, you explore Toronto during a 2-hour guided tour. Not to be missed: a trip aboard the glass elevator of the CN Tower.
Day 3 - Toronto > Niagara Falls > Toronto
En-route to the spectacular Niagara Falls, you drive past the many vineyards and orchards which characterize Niagara Peninsula. Once you're in Niagara, you board a boat cruise (included) to the foot of the falls, a unique experience! (lunch incl.).
Day 4 - 5 - Toronto > Ottawa
This morning you will board the train to Ottawa. During this train ride you enjoy the scenes of picturesque villages adjacent to Lake Ontario, Kingston and 1000 Islands which glide by your window. Day 5 your 2-hour city tour will unveil some of the many charming and hidden gems of this charming capital.
Days 6 - 7 - Ottawa > Quebec City
You reach the city of Quebec by train. Once past Montreal you border the southern bank of the St. Lawrence River. Tomorrow, on day 7, a fascinating 2-hour city tour through the history of French-speaking Quebec awaits. Make sure you take the time for a leisurely evening stroll through the quiet streets of Quebec's old town and soak up the particularly European feel which typifies the very popular Old Quebec.
Day 8 - 9 - Quebec > Montreal
A short ride by train along the northern shore of the St. Lawrence River passing historic Trois-Rivières and charming Cap-de-la-Madeleine with its national shrine to the Virgin Mary. Upon reaching the bustling metropolis of Montreal, prepare for an afternoon of exploring the second largest French-speaking city after Paris. During your 3-hour sightseeing tour many of Montreal's legends, myths and history will be unveiled.
Day 10 - Montreal > Toronto
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 9 nights in Standard/Superior/Deluxe hotels
- Transfers by train (Via Rail - economy) Toronto-Ottawa-Quebec-Montreal-Toronto
- 2 h guided city tour in Toronto (admission to CN tower included)
- Excursion to Niagara Falls lunch & boat cruise included
- 2 h city tour in Ottawa
- 2 h guided city tour in Quebec City
- 3 h city tour in Montreal
- Information and brochures
What's not included?
Your intercontinental return flights, non-listed meals and beverages, tipping and personal expenses.
Airport > hotel transfers & train station > hotel transfers.
Good to Know
Due to the Grand Prix Formule 1 held in Montreal from 08/06 - 11/06 all arrivals have been cancelled for this tour as no hotel rooms are available. Your accommodation during this selfdrive is based on a 'room only' stay, unless mentionned otherwise.
There is a discount for kids (2-11 years old) who share the room with 2 adults.
Standard Price per person
Superior Price per person
Deluxe Price per person