Three and a half hours north of the bustling city of Toronto is a haven of peace, a paradise for nature lovers and outdoor activities.
Here you can kayak to your heart's content whether or not VIP motorized, go hiking, cycling, trout & bass fishing, practicing your nature photography skills, bird watching or simply enjoying the tranquility, the soothing water, abundant wildlife and tasty gastronomy. During your stay you are bound to be immersed from head to toe in the beauty of Mother Nature and the delicious Canadian hospitality full board. Moreover this provincial park is home to black bears, moose, wolves, otters, and a multitude of unique bird species.
The Algonquin Provincial Park is within easy reach from Toronto, as well as Ottawa or Muskoka come spring, summer, autumn or winter... it is the place to be for outdoor enthusiasts.
Day 1 - Algonquin Provincial Park (B-L)
Arrival at the Algonquin Log Cabin, where lunch it served around 12.30pm. On an full tummy you set out on an initial discovery of the park. A quick canoe use briefing to warm up and off you go... exploring the surrounding area around the lodge and Kitchie Island. Feeling energetic? Continue to Otter Bay for a forest walk. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for wildlife ! Evening at leisure and dinner at the lodge.
Day 2 - Algonquin Provincial Park
After breakfast it is time for a little trek to the Lookout Bluff viewpoint from where you have amazing views of Lake Algonquin. Next, you recharge your batteries in the lodge with a savory lunch. In the afternoon you can participate in some of the artistic workshops, take a walk or simply relax by the lake with a book. In the evening you set out by canoe to a beautiful spot in the park from where you can enjoy a stunning sunset. Dinner is prepared around a campfire.
Day 3 - Algonquin Provincial Park (B-L)
Early risers join the guide before breakfast to watch nature awake as the sun rises. With a bit of luck you can see elk, otters or even one or more of the 2000 black bears that call the park home. After breakfast a canoe trip raises fun and expectation levels a last time during this extension. Lunch. In the afternoon you continue your journey to your next destination.
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- Fixed arrival days on Mondays & Fridays (cf; Good to Know in this section))
- 2 nights stay at the Algonquin Log Cabin with shared bathroom
- Full board (from lunch on day1 to lunch on day 3)
- All listed activities in the day-to-day programme
- English speaking guide
What's not included?
Good to Know
Fixed Arrival Dates on Mondays and Fridays:
Standard Price per person