Enjoy your selfdrive in Canada in an original way and camp at the most amazing spots. You do not have to drag around any camping equipment as each tent lodge at location is fully furnished. You stay on quality campgrounds, with quality furnishings and refreshing pools in a 100% overwhelming natural setting!
- Do you want to alternate camping and hotel accommodation? Insert the campgrounds you wish to stay at in your self-drive size. Your Connections crew will gladly assist with planning your route.
- We recommend two consecutive nights at the same campground in order to enjoy the unique atmosphere and have ample time for some fascinating day trips.
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- Tents which provide room for 4 people in full-size beds
- Your tent is placed/based a wooden platform of 4m x 7m and consist of canvas walls and a waterproof roof.
- There are two separate bedrooms and common areas. Your tent is furnished and fully equipped. Heating and lighting, a stove, small refrigerator, plates, cutlery and all utensils you may need to prepare a meal. There is a picnic table with four chairs. Ablution blocks are provided in a common unit (at surcharge).
What's not included?
Good to Know
Jacques Cartier National Park
30 min. from Quebec City, in the midst of one of the most beautiful glacial valleys in Quebec you will find the Jacques-Cartier National Park. A river meanders through the campsite which is surrounded by forests.
Parc National des Grands Jardins
At only 1h40 drive from Quebec City, in the county of Charlevoix, the parc national des Grands Jardins is protected by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve. The rocky landscapes are covered by lichens and its Nordic vegetation gave it the name of Grands-Jardins (Large gardens) The park is very popular with hikers, campers and vacationers. Canoeing activity from 9am to 1pm included which will be programmed in the morning following your arrival.
Saint-Maurice Animal Sanctuary
The reserve is located about 200 km from Quebec City, at the confluence of the Matawin and Saint-Maurice. It entails vast forests with numerous hiking trails and waterfalls. In order to enjoy its many assets to the fullest we recommend you spend at least a few days here.
Mont-Tremblant National Park
With six rivers, four hundred lakes and streams, the Mont-Tremblant National Park is a true natural paradise, a mere 140 km from the cosmopolitan city of Montreal! The presence of 40 species of mammals, including wolves, confirms the immense size of the territory and the pure character. Many activities such as the via ferrata of the Devil, walks and climbs make sure you experience this park in a unique and intense way.