Do you feel the urge to go on a family outing to Eastern Canada? This may be your lucky day. Connections features a selfdrive which will delight young and young-of-heart at an awesomely low price! On the programme: an exceptional nature, wildlife, activities and a variety of charming, cosmopolitan and historical cities. Add to this the warm welcome, the friendliness and the excellent gastronomy of Quebec and you know you are in for a treat. A exciting and fun experience guaranteed!
Day 1 - Toronto
The selfdrive starts at Toronto. Why not make some time for a visit to the CN Tower, the Rogers Center, the harbour or an Eaton Centre shopping experience.
Day 2 - Toronto > Excursion at Niagara Falls (129km)
You drive southwards towards the spectacular Niagara Falls and the enchanting historic village of Niagara-on-the-lake. En-route you will pass the vineyards and orchards of the Niagara Peninsula. At the Falls you board a 15 min. cruise which makes it way against the strong currents to the foot of the thundering falls (included)!
Day 3 - Toronto > Ottawa (400 km)
Today your route takes you eastwards along the banks of Lake Ontario towards Ottawa. You should have ample time to enjoy the many faces of this exciting capital. Stroll along the Rideau Canal and the residences of the prime minister and governor, and visit the amazing Ripley's Aquarium (included).
Day 4 - Ottawa > Saint-Sauveur (190 km)
Next overnight stay is at Saint-Sauveur. Stop enroute at the Omega Zoo Omega (admission included). Along the marked route (15 km - 1.30 hours) you can drive past wild animals of the northern hemisphere and observe them from the safety of your car.
Day 5 - Saint-Sauveur
Today, dives and slides are on the programme! Spend the day at the Sommet Saint-Sauveur water park; fun guaranteed for young and old (more info pack excursions).
Day 6 - Saint-Sauveur > Quebec (320 km)
From Saint-Sauveur your route takes you along the banks of the St Lawrence river to the heart of the Frenchspeaking province of Quebec, Quebec city. You have the rest of the day to explore the many fascinating streets and alley in this historic city.
Day 7 - Quebec > Saguenay (200 km)
Today you head to Saguenay, the prefect spot to witness marine life and in particular whale watching.
Day 8 - Saguenay
Whale watching result in life long cherished memories and comes highly recommended! The Whale watching cruises in the fjord start from Baie St. Catherine.
Day 9 - Saguenay > Trois-Rivières (325 km)
You travel in the direction of Quebec and head on to Trois-Rivières, a small town with a cosy beach.
Day 10 - Trois Rivières > Montreal (150 km)
On the way to the vibrant metropolis of Montreal, go to the old port of the city. Embark on the Ferris wheel and enjoy the impregnable view of the city and the St Laurent. Then, enjoy a poutine, the typical dish all Quebecers love ... How about you?
Day 11 - Montreal
Setting out to explore Montreal can be done in many different ways. Strolling through the streets of the old harbour, for example, and popping in at the Notre-Dame Basilica, the Biodome, the 1976 Olympics park or enjoying the views from the Mont Royal park while you enjoy a picnic? Whatever you decide, you will taste the lust for life so apparent in Montreal, one of Canada's most captivating and vibrant cities. And why not book an exquisite hop on hop off ticket (€ 45 optional) in advance. This way you will see more in less time and get to know the story behind the scenes as well.
Day 12 - Montreal
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 11 nights in the listed hotels or equivalent
- Meals as mentioned
- Boat trip at Niagara Falls (15 min.)
- Admission to the Ripley Aquarium in Ottawa, the Omega Park at Montebello
- Your customized roadbook
What's not included?
Your intercontinental return flights, rental car, optional excursions, meals and beverages (unless otherwise specified) and all personal expenses.
Good to Know
Black out in Montréal: from 8 - 11 June (Grand Prix F1) and from 04 - 06 August 2017 (Festival Osheaga). Your accommodation during this selfdrive is based on a 'room only' stay, unless mentionned otherwise.
Prebookable Excursion Cluster:
Pump up your experience level of your selfdrive and book 3 extra excursions beforehand
The aquatic park Sommet Saint-Sauveur (day 5); the Fjord & Whale cruise (at 1.30pm, 3hours - day 7) & Combo admission to the Ferris Wheel poutine classique tasting.
Adult € 88 / Children (3-11) € 63
Standard Price per person