Vast forests, enchanting lakes, charming characteristic inns and hotels…Quebec is the ideal cocktail for young and old. Montreal, Quebec City, the region of Charlevoix, Saguenay and Mauricia are bound to move you. This selfdrive will make all hearts beat faster and is guaranteed to leave lasting impressions on the canvas of your mind.
Days 1 - 2 - Montreal
After arriving in Montreal, transfer independently to your hotel in the centre of town. The rest of the day is at leisure to further explore cultural, vibrant and unique Montreal. Overnight in Montreal. And why not discover multi-faceted Montreal from a diffrent point of view during a cruise on the St Lawrence River (optional). Highlights during this 60 to 90 minutes trip stretch 25 km along and on its banks and include are the old harbour, the Island of St Helena , the Boucherville islands , a visit to the beautiful cathedral Notre Dame, the Olympic park site (1976) the Bio Dome or Mont Royal. Montreal is known for its joie de-vivre and is one of the most captivating and vibrant cities of Canada.
Days 3 - 4 - Montreal > Quebec City (255 km)
Leave Montreal and penetrate to the heart of the French-speaking province of Quebec. Along the banks of the St. Lawrence River you arrive at Quebec City, the only fortified city in North America. You can spend the rest of the day exploring this historical city.
There is so much to explore and discover that and extra day in Quebec is very welcome. Highlights include the Upper and Lower Towns, the Parliament Buildings, the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, Place d'Armes, Quebec National Assembly. Stroll down the cobblestone streets and enjoy the 'european' feel which makes Quebec so special.
Day 5 - Quebec > La Malbaie (150 km)
The scenic route that takes you to Charlevoix is definitely one of the most stunning in Quebec. Along the road make sure you stop at the Montmorency Falls, 30 meters higher than the world famous Niagara Falls, at the romantic island Orléans and the Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Sanctuary. In the mountainous region of Charlevoix lies the magnificent Parc National des Hautes-Gorges, a paradise for hikers.
Days 6 - 7 - La Malbaie - Saguenay (200 km)
Via Chicoutimi on the banks of the Saguenay fjord and Tadoussac, a UNESCO heritage site at the confluence of the Saguenay Fjord and the St Laurence River you reach Sainte-Rose-du-Nord, a beautiful quiet little village at the middle of the fjord. To hike along one of the exquisite walking trail. Maybe you will spot beluga. Overnight stay in region of Saguenay.
Day 7 offers a full day's exploration of Saguenay Park and fjord, a valley gouged by glaciers where the sea rushed in. Eons ago huge glaciers furrowed the entire surface of the globe creating a contrast of relief of deep rivers that flow at the bottom of abrupt cliffs and numerous bays and coves. When it reaches St.Fulgence the Saguenay river changes into a fjord that is 100 kilometres in length. It has an average width of 2 kilometres and reaches depths of close to 270 meters in places. The fresh and relatively warm surface water virtually glides over a deeper, much colder Artic layer that produces impressive natural phenomena.
From this area it is possible to attack numerous hikes from 1 hour to 8 hours. The Rivière Éternité park welcome office can direct hikers to the best spots, depending on desired landscapes and observations and teaches you all about the physical, hydro graphic and oceanographic composition of the region.
Day 8 - Saguenay > Lac St.-Jean (140 km)
Today you drive through forested mountains, alongside lakes and rivers to Saguenay & Lac-Saint-Jean. The region is bathed by two major watercourses and irrigated by several others. Its geological contrasts make it one of the most impressive lakes in this area. With 1002 km² large surface area it ranks third.
Both the scenery and the cultural sites and activities attract a large crowd of tourists every year. The region around the lake is known for its mining and lumbering and nature and recreation enthusiasts will enjoy boating, hiking, climbing, fishing for landlocked salmon, and horseback riding around this uniquely circular lake!
Days 9 - 10 - Lac St.-Jean > Lake Edward (170 km)
Take the time to enjoy these most magnificent natural surroundings before you head on to Lake Edward. Here animals outnumber humans and La Seigneurie du Triton will catapult you into a magical dream world. A large number of activities are complimentary, some are paying. La Seigneurie du Triton is a prestigious hunting and fishing domain and includes twelve lakes and one river.
Its impressive forests host diverse wild fauna and flora which can be explored by outdoor activities or nature observation. The territory is only accessible by water, a 2 kilometres boat ride, which limits the access to protect its wild nature. Visitors can enjoy a stay in the forest far from all noisy civilizations.
Day 10: Full Board and plenty of activity included in your stay at this historic site. This Forest Inn is more than 110 years and has hosted renowned people like Churchill and Roosevelt. Option: spend a night in an Innusit teepee at the Innusit Village and enjoy a dinner cooked on a real wood fire. This experience needs to be pre-booked via your favourite travel shop (available from end of June).
Days 11 - 12 - Lake Eduard > St.-Alexis-des-Monts (230 km)
Breakfast, a last adieu to this magnificent setting and site, and there you go, on your way to Saint-Alexis-des-Monts in the Mauricia region. Here activities abound: forest walks or mountain biking through the forest on well-marked trails, access to the private beach of the holiday resort, pleasure sailing, surfing and windsurfing.
Also available at a surcharge are river canoeing, seaplane flights, ATV-tours, fishing, water-skiing, diving and golf. Overnight in Saint-Alexis-des-Monts. Day 12 at leisure to enjoy all activities and sports on offer. Dinner included. Overnight in Saint-Alexis-des-Monts.
Day 13 - Saint-Alexis-du-Mont > Montreal (155 km)
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 12 nights in Standard/Superior accommodation
- 2 nights stay in full board in La Seigneurie du Tritones
- 2 nights stay in half board in St Alexis-du-Monts
- Meals as listed
- All scheduled activities in La Seigneurie du Triton
- Your custom-made roadbook (day-to-day itinerary)
What's not included?
Your intercontinental return flights and car rental, non-listed meals and beverages, tipping and personal expenses.
Good to Know
Please note there is no vacancy in Montreal during The Grand Prix de Formule 1 which is held from 08/06 - 11/06. Your accommodation during this selfdrive is based on a 'room only' stay, unless mentionned otherwise.
Day 9-10: Activities in Lac-Edouard in la Seigneurie du Triton: Walks to explore the local flora and fauna (fur animals, traps, ...). Canoeing, kayaking, rabaska, taking a swim in the river or lake, visit the Triton Station, spot animals in the marsh area (in season) and pick and taste wild mushroom. You can enjpoy the children's playground, a campfire with marshmallows, old legends story-telling during a night tour on the water, stargazing, or watch a slide show or movie on the fauna in Quebec. You spend the night in a room with shared bathroom.
Standard Price per person
Superior Price per person