Discover West Canada without rental car ... incredible but true! You arrive at the various hot spots aboard the famous and luxurious Rocky Mountaineer, an experience per se. Banff, Jasper ... you will experience Canada’s most breath-taking scenery Vancouver and Victoria are also on your programme. And to round off in the samen extraordinary beauty we have added a 7-day cruise through Alaska's fjords and bays! Pinch your arm and see if you're dreaming!
Day 1 - Calgary > Banff (136 km)
Today you will be enthralled by the majesty of the Rocky Mountains as you travel along its foothills towards the bustling town of Banff. Here the glorious peaks of the Banff National Park masterfully enclose the park lands. Take your time and stop to enjoy and marvel at the natural beauty along your route.
Day 2 - Banff National Park
Banff National Park, one of Canada’s most captivating parks, is yours to explore! Whether you wish to board the cable car to the top of Mt. Suphur; go hiking, mountain bike or prefer to enjoy a day of horse-riding or rafting, the easy to advanced level trails offer the best opportunity to experience the natural wonders of the area and the charming setting of the town.
Day 3 - Banff > Jasper (288 km)
Your day starts with a transfer to Jasper. You visit the Columbia Icefield with a surface area of 325km². On board the Ice Explorer you reach the Athabasca Glacier. Time for a walk ! For the more adventurous the glass skywalk or observation bridge 280m above the Sunwapta valley will be a definite victory (included). The views, a A lust for the eyes !
Day 4 - Jasper
Day at leisure to comb the stunning mountainous surroundings of Jasper and participate in excursions on location.
Day 5 - Jasper > Kamloops r+ 441 km (B-L)
All aboard ! The famous Rocky Mountaineer leaves from jasper station and your seat aboard has been prebooked ! Sit back and relax in all comfort while awe-inspiring landscapes glide by your window. West canada at its best!
Day 6 - Kamloops > Vancouver r+ 354 km (B-L)
Your last stretch aboard the Rocky Mountaineer will guide you through cowboy ranch land and along the rushing torrents of the Fraser and Thompson Rivers. En-route the history and legends of this pioneer territory are revealed.
Day 7 - Vancouver > Victoria > Vancouver
You exchange the train for the ferry. From Vancouver you sail along the picturesque Gulf Islands to Victoria, the charming capital of British Columbia. A visit to Butchart Botanical Gardens and a city sightseeing tour along the stately homes and historic landmarks is included. You return to Vancouver in the late afternoon.
Day 8 - 14 - Cruise to and in Alaska
Today you board the Holland America Cruise ship. For the next 7 days you sail through the Alaskan fjords, the Inside passage and bays characterized by glaciers and snowy mountain tops. Expect a wow content of 11 out of 10!
Day 15 - Vancouver
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 7 nights’ accommodation in the listed hotels or equivalent
- 7 nights onboard the Holland America cruise ship M/S Volendam in full board ( from dinner on day 8 till breakfast on day 14) in a standard inside cabine
- The mentionned transfers and meals
- Your journey aboard the Rocky Mountaineer from Jasper to Vancouver in Silver Leaf Service
- Your excursion to Columbia Icefield & Skywalk
- Your full day excursion from Vancouver to Victoria (& ferry)
What's not included?
Good to Know
Please note: this tour is also available in the opposite direction starting at Vancouver (eastbound). In this case, the cruise to and in Alaska comes first and your trip ends in Calgary. The rates and departure dates are available in your favourite travel shop.
Rocky Mountaineer: An upgrade to the Gold Leaf Service can be booked at a surcharge of € 530 / pp. The train is fitted with a bar/restaurant wagon and a glass roof vehicle to maximize the views of the surrounding landscapes and mountain peaks.
Cruise: An outdoor cabin or cabin with a balcony is availably at surcharge. All info will be provided by your Connections travel shop.