This selfdrive leads you through the most beautiful national parks of the Rocky Mountains. The welcoming city of Vancouver is your starting point of a wonderful adventure in which you will acquaint yourself with the Okanagan Valley - also known as "the garden of Canada ', the Glaciers, Banff & Jasper national parks. Just before reaching Vancouver the stunning Yellowhead Pass and the Wells Grey & Garibalden Parks are bound to steal your heart.
Days 1 - 2 - Vancouver
Arrive Vancouver International Airport, transfer independently to your downtown hotel. Pick up your roadbook (itinerary) at the hotel front desk and check in. The rest of the day is yours to create your own urban adventure amid the stores, parks, restaurants, theatres and other attractions of downtown Vancouver. Hop aboard a San Francisco-style trolley for a fully narrated city tour and discover its premier attractions.
Day 3 - Vancouver > Pentiction (395 km)
Travel through the Coastal Mountains and Manning Provincial Park. In the park, you can take a walk on the remnants of the Dewdney Trail or the Rhododendron Flats. The town of Penticton lies at the lower end of Okanagan Lake and the lush orchards and vineyards of the Okanagan Valley. The region is also renowned for its beaches and hot, dry climate.
Day 4 - Penticton > Revelstoke (260 km)
Morning is at leisure to enjoy the Okanagan Valley. Enroute to revelstoke, you drive past spectacular waterfalls, towering peaks and beautiful lakes.
Days 5 - 6 - Revelstoke > Banff (280 km)
Take a slow and scenic drive through Glacier National Park and Rogers Pass on your way to Canada's oldest national park and the bustling resort town of Banff. Visit to the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel or Bow Falls or ride the Sulphur Mountain Gondola. Why not try river rafting or a boat tour on Lake Minnewanka.
Days 7 - 8 - Banff > Jasper (285 km)
You reach Jasper via the scenic Icefields Parkway. Pauze at Peyto Lake and board the Ice Explorer on the Columbia Icefield. Overnight in Jasper. Tour Jasper and the surrounding area. Why not take a ride on the Jasper Tramway or visit Miette Hot Springs. If time permits, the Athabasca River can offer exciting whitewater rafting excursions.
Days 9 - 10 - Jasper > 100 Mile House (465 km)
Drive through the Yellowhead Pass, near Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies, and continue on the banks of the Thompson River bordering Wells Gray Provincial Park. We suggest stops in Blue River and Clearwater en route to 100 Mile House. 100 Mile House was founded during the days of the Cariboo Gold Rush, when a roadhouse was built here to service gold seekers who travelled along the Cariboo Wagon Road; hence its name: the 100 Mile House. Today the area is renowned for prime cattle ranching and leisure activities.
Days 11 - 12 - 100 Mile House > Whistler (300 km)
Today the spectacular Cariboo Highway and Duffey Lake Road to the edge of Garibaldi Provincial Park and the popular year-round resort of Whistler. Today and tomorrow your options are to either take some time off and relax or enjoy outdoor activities including hiking, sailing, windsurfing, golfing, tennis and boating, as well as shopping in Whistler Village.
Day 13 - Whistler > Vancouver (123 km)
Morning at leisure to visit the village followed by a scenic 2-hour return to Vancouver in time for some last-minute shopping or a fine meal or dance at one of the trendy restaurants or nightclubs.
Day 14 - Vancouver
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
- Alberta (Banff, Jasper, Calgary): - 8 h.
- British Colombia (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops): - 9 h.
Winter time 2015: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on the night of Saturday, October 24th to Sunday, October 25th. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 1 November to Sunday, 2 November. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.62€ / 1€ = 1.50 CAD (16/08/2018)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- 13 nights in Standard/Superior hotels
- Meals as programmed
- Hop on - Hop off city tour in Vancouver (day 2)
- Your roadbook (day-to-day itinerary)
What's not included?
Your intercontinental return flights and car rental, non-listed meals and beverages, tipping and personal expenses.
Good to Know
There is a discount for kids (aged 2-11) who share the room with 2 adults. Your accommodation during this selfdrive is based on a 'room only' stay, unless mentionned otherwise.
Standard Price per person
Superior Price per person