Are you looking for an irresistible destination where there is something to experience all year round? Do you want a sunshot in winter or spring? Are you ready for a well-deserved holiday with just the two of you or with the kids? Then chances are that you will not resist the call of the Sunshine State. Hotel or villa, rental car or trendy campervan? You choose. With its pleasant climate, Florida has been the favorite attraction for many years. You will find beautiful beaches east and west, wonderful cities and a nice chunk of nature. The nightlife here is great too!
Thanks to its year-round pleasant climate the Sunshine State seems to have been designed with holidaymakers in mind. Both on its east and west coast you will be spoilt for beautiful beaches, lovely towns and stunning nature scenes. Even the nightlife is top! Stay in hotels or villas, travel by rental car or hip campervan and book loads of extra fun picking your own excursions beforehand... Connections offers a whole lot of choice. So whether you travel with the kids, with the backpack or with a beach bag only, Florida's beaches as well as fun and nature parks are the formula for galactic fun and unwinding!
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
Travel documents: All Belgian nationals* (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (biometric) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid at day of entry and during the entire stay. Connections recommends to let common sense prevail and to build in some slack in terms of validity. Often unforeseen circumstances (weather factors, volcanoes, and threats all kinds) are the cause of a mandatory postponed return date. A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car.Please keep this in mind. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
All passengers who travel to and /or via the U.S. must apply for an electronic travel authorization at least 72 hours prior to departure. The ESTA procedure must be requested via the official website link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and paid by a personal credit card only.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents. They must apply for an electronic travel authorization at least 72 hours prior to departure via the official website link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and pay by a personal credit card only.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
Medical interventions and costs can soon become outrageous in the U.S.A. Reflect before leaving and subscribe a decent travel insurance. Our protections All-in Premier insurance was especially designed specifically for travel to the U.S.A. and provides ample cover for all major calamities (fly-on-time and natural disasters included)!
Florida spans 1 time zone:
- Eastern (- 6 h)
US Dollar (USD), 1 USD = 0,92 EUR & 10 EUR = 10.83 USD (01/05/2020)
- A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. The most convenient method of payment is by credit card but cash euros and dollars in small amount come in handy. Inform yourself timely, as your Visa and/or MasterCard credit card (and possibly other types of credit cards) has automatically been set to "not for use in the US, for US car rental agencies and during cruises under the American flag".
- You must then apply for a release of your credit card. This may be done prior to your arrival in the U.S. (in your bank branch or via the telephone number listed on the back of your credit card or by means of a special form available for PC banking) as well as after arrival in the US (through a withdrawal at an ATM. Please note, in this case there will be a transaction fee charged to your account). The same applies to the Maestro function in your bank card.
A mild, sunny climate is one of Florida's most important natural resources turning Florida into a major year-round tourist destination for millions of visitors each year. Average annual temperatures range from 18°C to 21°c (65° to 70°F) in the north, and from 23°C - 25°C (74° to 77°F) in the southern peninsula and on the Keys. At Miami, the annual average is 24°C (76°F) with a low of 21°C (69°F) and a high of 28°C (83°F). Dream temperatures for a fairytale destination.
Florida's long coastline does make it vulnerable to hurricanes and tropical storms. Statistically, there is a very low risk that a storm will impact your vacation. Hurricane season runs from June to October each year.
Average Temperatures (°C):
THE WORLD AND ITS TREASURES | FLORIDA
1. National Park Everglades This site at the southern tip of Florida has been called 'a river of grass flowing imperceptibly from the hinterland into the sea'. The exceptional variety of its water habitats has made it a sanctuary for a large number of birds and reptiles, as well as for threatened species such as the manatee. To be found in: 'Best of Florida' , 'Florida Sun & Fun' , 'Ultimate Florida' , 'Classic Florida' , 'Florida for Kids'
Best of Florida
- Key West
- Fort Myers
- Kennedy Space center
- Fort Lauderdale
Florida’s best? That is undoubtedly a trip through Miami, Key West, The Everglades, Orlando and the Space Coast. From the ambiance of relaxing at inviting beaches to yelling from the top of your lungs from excitement of the amusement parks, wouldn’t you agree that is Florida at its best?
Sweaty hands, it must be pur eagerness! What could be more pleasant than traveling through Florida? Hair in the wind, from a golden beach to an amusement park, while cities such as Miami, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale will capture your heart. Stroll in the vibrant streets of Key West, spot alligators in the Everglades or hug princesses at Disney World. It just feels like a dream come true!
- 9 days
Cruise The Bahamas
- Grand Bahama Island
- Great Stirrup Cay
The ideal, extremely affordable and top value way to round off your citytrip or selfdrive in Florida is by a cruise. You glide through the water from one cultural city to the next and enjoy the pearly white beaches. Connections opted for Norwegian Cruises. Focus is on luxury and 'pampering you' anywhere and everywhere during your dream trip.
- 4 days
Cruise the Eastern Carribbean
- St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Tortola, British virgin Isles
- Nassau, Bahamas
The Caribbean. It suffices to mention it and dreams start rolling in. Even if you've never set foot ashore. Hundreds of tropical isles with stunning beaches, historic towns, a welcoming population and legendary pirates. The sun shines nearly constantly, the sea breeze refreshes and the mentality is clearly spirited. Why everyone wants a piece of this paradise on earth? Soon it will be as crystal clear to you as the ocean below the cruise liner. All aboard!
- 8 days
Florida for Kids
- Kennedy Space Center
- Cocoa Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Miami Beach
- Key West
- Fort Myers
Vibrant and colourful Florida is one of the best fit states to explore with kids. An neverending beach line, exhilarating amusement parks and gorgeous scenery, Florida is a treat. You just cannot go wrong!
- 15 days