Winter Escapes in Canada
Lord winter. Hmm ... opinions about him vary quite a bit it seems. Many dislike the miserable greyness and ice cold winds the season brings. Others think of those factors as minor mishaps of the season and put the whitest of them all on an absolute pedestal. It is just fun fun fun! Inviting ski slopes, daunting cross-country ski trails and of course the bustling after-ski moments. Children usually do not hesitate one second to go completely bananas. Boots check; gloves, hat, scarf check! And ready, steady, goooooo! Those who want to make the chance of real snow and winter fun rocket, better choose a snow certain destination: CANADA, for example.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
Winter time 2017: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on Sunday 29 OCT 2017 at 02am. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 5 nov at 2am. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.85 EUR / 1EUR = 1.45 CAD (25/07/2017)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
A Snowy White Winter
12 lakes, 35km² of forest and 25km of trails, the Pourvoirie du Lac Blanc is the favorite place for outdoor enthusiasts. In addition to its beautiful setting by the lake and its huge variety of winter activities, this warm and friendly inn offers a cuisine showcasing local produce. A perfect balance for a holiday out of the ordinary.
- 7 days
Le Village Windigo: winter activities galore!
- Ferme Neuve
Village Windigo is located in the Hautes Laurentides at the foot of what translates as Devil's Mountain. You reside at the heart of nature on the banks of the Baskatong reservoir. And of course there is plenty of opportunity to try out the winter activities that are so typical of this stunningly beautiful northern region. Snowmobiling, dog sledding, snowshoeing ... And that's not all. You will also discover the two most famous cities of this province, Quebec City and Montreal. An intense stay that seamlessly combines nature and city scenes.Book prior to 30 JUN 2020 and receive a €30/discount/person!
- 8 days
- In Group
Wallow in winter in Jasper
Has skiing in the legendary Canadian Rocky Mountains been on your travel wish list forever and a day? Why wait any longer? Read on what Connections has in store for you. We were thinking …an 8,5 hour flight to Edmonton, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, a rental car to bridge the 4-hour drive to scenic Jasper or – if you would rather leave the driving up to someone else – a shuttle service to the centre of Jasper at a surcharge.
Marmot Basin ski station, the wellness facilities of your hotel, the Canadian cuisine and love for the beers of the local breweries that make your après-ski unforgettable, sled dogs, walking in the stunning icy Maligne Canyon or going on a wildlife safari; Jasper has it all. And the best? For that price and includeds; it would be a shame to let it slip through your fingers like snow before the sun!
- 9 days
- Flights Included