Has skiing in the legendary Canadian Rocky Mountains been on your travel wish list forever and a day? Why wait any longer? Read on what Connections has in store for you. We were thinking …an 8,5 hour flight to Edmonton, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, a rental car to bridge the 4-hour drive to scenic Jasper or – if you would rather leave the driving up to someone else – a shuttle service to the centre of Jasper at a surcharge.
Charming Jasper would be your home-away-from-home for the week to come. In the evening you may want to unwind at the wellness facilities of your hotel before heading into town. The Canadian cuisine and local breweries take après-ski sensations to new heights! Feel like a change in scenery or action? Why not give dog sledding, hiking the frozen Maligne Canyon or a local wildlife safari a go?
All the very best is still to come. Can you believe all that is within your reach for a mere € 1249 pp sharing? That is your return flights (2 pieces of luggage), 1 week car rental or shared shuttle transfer, 7 nights hotel and a 6-day ski pass included! What could possibly stop you?
Hotels & Meals
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid for at least 1 day after their return home. All travellers to Canada must purchase an eTA or electronic Travel Authorisation online via the official website cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp prior to entering canadian territory via its airports. Price: 7 CAD or +/- 5 Euros. Your eTA is valid for 5 years and linked to your passport number. This implies that as soon as your passport expires, so does your eTA.
- To save time at Customs and Immigration in Canada, you can downmload the CanBorder eDeclaration app before your arrival. You will then receive a QR-code that remains valid for 24 hours. Thanks to the scanning of the QR code, you do not have to re-enter your data on the screen at the Customs counters. You can download via the Apple Store app or Google Play app.
- Please note: A credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. All cross-border travellers with the USA must on top be in possession of an international passport and an ESTA. The digital passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the set date of your return flight. The electronic travel authorization must be purchased online by means of a personal credit card via the official link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (14 USD on 20JAN2015). Your ESTA is valid for max. 2 years. Should your international passport expire within that period, so does your ESTA as it is linked to your passport number. We strongly recommend you to print out the Esta- or Eta permit and to have it on you while you travel to avoid problems.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
- In The East (Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa): - 6 h.
Winter time 2017: Belgium turns the clock back one hour on Sunday 29 OCT 2017 at 02am. Canada turns back the arms of the clock on the night of Saturday, 5 nov at 2am. That entails that during the latter week the time difference is one hour less than indicated above.
Canadian Dollars (CAD); 10 CAD = 6.85 EUR / 1EUR = 1.45 CAD (25/07/2017)
Methods of Payment
A personal credit card is required upon check-in at the hotels and also when renting a car. Credit cards are very convenient and widely accepted and ATMs are readily available.
The climate is comparable to ours. In spring, days are nice and nights are fresh.
In summer temperatures can reach peaks, especially in the East. In the West, there is more chance of precipitation and it is cooler than in the East.
On the coast and around the lakes it is usually a lot cooler.
Average Temperatures (in °C):
- Your return flights Brussels - Edmonton (via Amsterdam)
- 7 nights accommodation at The Crimson *** (Standard) or Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge**** (Deluxe) - cf. Good to Know
- 23kg + ski material
- 6 day ski pass at Marmot Basin
- Local taxes and VAT
- Rental car (unlimited mileage + insurance damage, theft and civil liability) OR
Shared shuttle transfer airport - Jasper (at surcharge)
What's not included?
Good to Know
The Crimson, geïnspireerd door de natuur
In the cozy centre of the hospitable mountain village of Jasper lies the attractive Crimson hotel ***, your perfect base, within walking distance of local bars and restaurants. Since its opening at the end of 2014, this small-scale hotel with 99 rooms has received guests with a smile. There is free parking in front of the door and after a day on the slats you can relax in the indoor pool and in the jacuzzi of the hotel. You reside in the modern standard rooms equipped with a king-size or 2 double beds, a flat screen TV, microwave, small refrigerator and coffee / tea maker. The bathroom has a shower or bath. In the C200 restaurant you can enjoy breakfast and dinner. The hotel's decor reflects the warm colours of the sunset, fall and Canadian flag. There is free Wi-Fi and facilities include a burger restaurant, swimming pool and gym.
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, oeverloze pracht en luxe
The charming and stylish Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge **** is located about 7 km from the centre of Jasper, in Jasper National Park, on the banks of the emerald Beauvert Lake in the central valley of the Athabasca River. In addition to 442 beautifully appointed guest rooms and luxurious Signature Cabins, the hotel also offers 8 restaurants, swimming pool and a spacious, ultra-modern spa. There is a good reason why Prince Harry and Princess Megan spent their honeymoon here. The Fairmont rooms (26m²) are charmingly furnished and equipped with a flat screen TV, a Keurig coffee maker and a kettle, a mini fridge, a ceiling or electric fan, a hairdryer and an ironing board. In the Emerald Lounge you can enjoy a delicious après-ski cocktail and a bite to eat. Orso Tratorria offers Jasper's finest Italian cuisine. For an authentic Canadian meal you head to the cozy “The Moose's Nook” (Saturdays & Sundays). The heated outdoor pool is the ideal relaxation after a day on the slats. WiFi and parking are complimentary.