This 12-day group tour with a French-speaking guide / driver will let you discover cosmopolitan and charming cities, as well as the grandiose country scenes of Eastern Canada. Your journey starts in the city of Toronto. You visit the famous Niagara Falls and Ottawa as well as the province of Quebec with its crown cities Montreal and Quebec City. Of course, the Tadoussac region, famous for whale watching, is an absolute must on your programme too. You end up in style in a comfortable hostel ... that has it all! A discovery of Eastern Canada that you will cherish for a long time to come.
Day 1 - Toronto
Upon arrival at Calgary airport you individually transfer (not included) to the hotel.
Day 2 - Toronto > Excursion to Niagara Falls > Toronto (+/- 300km * B-L-D)
You head towards Niagara and its legendary Falls. Once arrived you embark on a cruise that will take you to the foot of the Falls, an experience out of the ordinary. Lunch is served at a panoramic restaurant. A short walk to Niagara-on-the-Lake has also been planned. Back in Toronto, you will go on a tour of this great North American city teeming with activities.
Day 3 - Toronto > Region of Mille-îles > Ottawa (+/- 480km * B-L-D)
Driving partly along the shores of Lake Ontario you arrive at Kingston. After a visit to this former capital of Upper Canada, you have lunch. Next you continue to the region of Thousand Islands where you embark on a relaxing cruise. Your day ends in Gatineau in the vicinity of Ottawa.
Day 4 - Ottawa > Montreal (+/-250 km * B-L-D)
This morning your guide reveals the most beautiful spots in the charming capital of Ottawa. After lunch you head to Omega Park. Here you board a bus and travel along a 10 km trail which allows you to spot many species of wild animals in complete liberty and in their natural habitat. Next you arrive in Montreal.
Day 5 - Montreal > Quebec (+/-300 km * B-D)
The day starts with a guided tour of Montreal, a cosmopolitan city where French and Anglo-Saxon heritage has been co-existing peacefully for over two centuries. You visit the Marché Jean-Talon where you can taste and buy local specialties. Your final destination today is the beautiful small walled city of Quebec.
Day 6 - Quebec (B-D)
On your programme today? How about a guided tour of Quebec City with its European character, its fortifications, not to mention the picturesque Petit-Champlain and Place Royale squares. There is ample time to explore and indulge in some shopping. In the middle of the afternoon, you discover the tip of yhe island of Île d'Orléans followed by a stop at the Montmorency Falls, 83 meters high.
Day 7 - Québec > Tadoussac > Region of Charlevoix (+/- 365km * B-L-D)
Your journey is about to become a total immersion in nature. You start out early to reach Tadoussac located at the mouth of the Saguenay Fjord. Here we recommend booking a whale watching cruise (optional), a true delight. Next you head to Baie Saint-Paul crossing the Charlevoix region, recognized as a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO and often labeled paradise by and for artists.
Day 8 & 9 - Region of Charlevoix > Saint-Alexis-Des-Monts (+/- 365 km * B-L-D)
You move on to the Mauricie region, synonymous with wide open spaces, forests, lakes and rivers. Lac-à-l'Eau-Claire is the ideal place for nature lovers and outdoor activities. On day 9 you have the day off to enjoy all the activities the hostel has to offer: swimming pool, sauna, canoeing, pedalos, kayaks, hiking, beach, tennis, volleyball.
Day 10 - Saint-Alexis-Des-Monts > Montreal (+/-320km * B-L-D)
En-route to Trois-Rivières followed by a city exploration. The history of this spot has been characterized in a large part by the paper industry and the exploitation of the forest. Lunch is set in a sugar shack: traditional menu, musical entertainment and 'tire sur la neige' awaits. A typical and unique experience.
Day 11 - Montreal
The last day of this wonderful trip has come around so soon! Take the opportunity for some last minute souenir-hunting in the shops of underground Montreal or St. Catherine Street. Transfer to the airport by public shuttle STM 747 (included).
Day 12 - Brussels
- All Belgian nationals can find updated information and the latest travel advice concerning the country of their destinations as well as all intermediate stops on diplomatie.belgium.be in the Dutch or French language. Updated visa requirements and the possibility to purchase your e-visa online is offered by visumcentrale.be.
- Travelers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travelers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
In order to enhance a safe and carefree trip a travel insurance is an absolute must. Our selection of Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover and include travel-orientated plus factors such as a fly-on-time, a natural catastrophe and epidemics cover. Whether you leave on one single journey or you travel year-round. They guarantee the most comprehensive cover at the best price.
One of the many recommended websites where you can check the correct local time for your travel destination is The World Clock. Enter the name of the country or city in the search field and click search. The time in Belgium and at destination is visible on the screen as well as a number of other world cities.
- Your international flight Brussels -Toronto / Montreal - Brussels on Air Canada
- All airport taxes as known on 01 OCT 2019
- All transfers between the different stops on the programme by coach
- Your French speaking guide/driver from day 1 to day 10
- All listed meals (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Visits and excursions as mentioned in the programme**.
- On day 11 a STM ticket valid for access to the local 747 shuttle to the airport of Montreal
** Included excursions :
- City tour in Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa, Montréal & Québec
- Boat cruise in Niagara Falls
- Boat cruise in the region of Thousand Islands
- Visit to the animal park Omega
- Access to the Montmorency Falls Park
What's not included?
Transfers on day 1 & 11 airport - hotel - airport transfers are not included but can be pre-booked if wanted.
Toronto airport - hotel on day 1: €79/pers. TMGATF
Hotel - airport transfer Montreal on day 11: €30/pers. (min. 2 pers.) TDEPM
Standard Price per person