Have you always dreamt of discovering the city that never sleeps? Do not miss out on this unique opportunity and fly to New York, one of the most fascinating places in the world. This guided tour includes activities to assist you during your exploration of NYC and admission to some major hightlights is included. So count on us and your Belgian BENY guide to unveil most of the secrets the city may hold for you.
Day 1 - Brussels - New York
Rendez-vous at Brussels Airport where you meet your fellow travelers. Check in for your direct flight to JFK. You arrive at New York in the early afternoon. Transfer to hotel and check in with the assistance of your Connections tour leader who will remain available to you during the entire length of your stay to answer all your possible practical questions. Then you set out on a visit to Brooklyn Heights in order to discover the Manhattan skyline. In New York there is no time to waste!
Day 2 - New York
After breakfast you head to Times Square in the company of your Connections tour leader. Here you will meet your BENY guide who will take you to the main hotspots in the heart of Manhattan during the tour Come as a traveler, go as a New Yorker. Times Square is the busiest intersection of The City both above and below the surface. At the square you may stand in awe before the amazing number of flashy billboards. Underground the metro station sees a near sixty million metro passengers walk through its aisles each year. Bryant Park, New York's most charming park is nearby, as is the impressive New York library. Other highlights on foot include the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building and the beautiful UN Building ... In the afternoon you jump on the Hop on Hop off ferry for a scenic cruise of 90 minutes. You sail along Midtown Manhattan and all the way to the south. Lady Liberty, Ellis Island, Governors Island, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge glide by as you cruise along. End of the cruise is provided at Pier 78 but you can get off the road even in Brooklyn or on Wall Street.
Day 3 - New York
Breakfast. Time to explore Lower Manhattan with her two absolute must-sees: The One World 'Freedom Tower' and the 9/11 Museum. The One World Trade Center, 541 m high, is the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere. In barely 60 seconds The Sky Pod elevator wizzes you up to the 100th and 102nd floor 381 m high. From here you can enjoy 360 ° views of the peninsula. Then it's time for the 9/11 Museum that brings the story of the victims and the survivors, including spoken testimonies and authentic objects. While you descend to the archaeological heart of the former Twin Towers you pass the stairs along which hundreds of people escaped. In the Foundation Hall you see 'The Last Column', the last remaining wall of the WTC. To brighten your spirits, we suggest a dose of pure adrenaline: a helicopter tour over the Big Apple starting from the Downtown Manhattan Heliport: a highlight in the true sense of the word in the company of your Connections tour leader! (optional).
Day 4 - New York
Breakfast. You spend the day at leisure. Why not visit the historic and modern Harlem and its world famous buildings Sugar Hill, Hamilton Terrace, Apollo Theater? Or take part in a religious service graced by awesome gospel music (optional). Or book a Broadway show ? (programme on request). Always a truly unforgettable experience.
Day 5 - New York - Brussels
Breakfast. Time for some extensive shopping in the Century 21 shopping mall near the hotel or...? In the afternoon, transfer to the airport in time for your flight home.
Day 6 - Brussels
Hotels & Meals
Travel documents: All Belgian nationals* (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (biometric) containing min. 2 blank pages, valid at day of entry and during the entire stay. Connections recommends to let common sense prevail and to build in some slack in terms of validity. Often unforeseen circumstances (weather factors, volcanoes, and threats all kinds) are the cause of a mandatory postponed return date. Please keep this in mind. Consult the latest travel information and up-to-date travel advice on diplomatie.be/nl.
All passengers who travel to and /or via the U.S. must apply for an electronic travel authorization at least 72 hours prior to departure. The ESTA procedure must be requested via the official website link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and paid by a personal credit card only. Please verify the latest updates on travel advice, documents and requirements on http://diplomatie.be/nl.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents. They must apply for an electronic travel authorization at least 72 hours prior to departure via the official website link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and pay by a personal credit card only.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
Medical interventions and costs can soon become outrageous in the U.S.A. Reflect before leaving and subscribe a decent travel insurance. Our protections All-in Premier insurance was especially designed specifically for travel to the U.S.A. and provides ample cover for all major calamities (fly-on-time and natural disasters included)!
- US Eastern time zone (- 6 h) - NEW YORK
Daylight saving time 2017: In the U.S. the clock is set forward in the night of Saturday 11 March to Sunday 12 March. In Belgium, the clock is set forward on the night of Saturday March, 25 to Sunday, March 26th. This entails that between 12 and 26 March, the time difference is five hours instead of 6.
US Dollar (USD), 1 USD = 0,92 EUR (25/10/16)
- The most convenient method of payment is by credit card but cash euros and dollars in small amount come in handy. Inform yourself timely as your Visa and/or MasterCard credit card (and possibly other types of credit cards)may have been automatically been set to "not for use in the US, for US car rental agencies and during cruises under the American flag".
- You must then apply for a release of your credit card. This may be done prior to your arrival in the U.S. (in your bank branch or via the telephone number listed on the back of your credit card or by means of a special form available for PC banking) as well as after arrival in the US (through a withdrawal at an ATM. Please note, in this case there will be a transaction fee charged to your account). The same applies to the Maestro function in your bank card.
Average Temperatures (°C):
- Your direct return flight Brussels - New York on Brussels Airlines
- The airport taxes and surcharges as known on 15FEB17 and subject to change until issue of tickets
- A Connections tour leader (Dutch/Frenchspeaking) roundtrip (Brussels-Brussels)
- 4 nights in the Dazzler**** with breakfast
- 1 night on board the plane during your return flight
- Guided visit of Brooklyn Heights on the day of your arrival
- City discovery in the company of a Belgian Guide of BENY (exclusively in Dutch/French)
- Admission to the 9/11 memorial museum
- Admission to the One World Observatory
- Statue Cruise
- Gift: travel guide BENY 2.0
- Price per person sharing based on double occupancy
What's not included?
Optional excursions (not mentioned in the programme), beverages and meals, tipping and personal expenses,
Surcharge for a single room (1 person): €300
Surcharge for a twin room: €30/pp
File costs (€ 15 / person).
Good to Know
DEPARTURES ARE GUARANTEED FROM 15 PARTICIPÄNTS AND UP.
Connections Terms and Conditions apply, Lic.Cat A1919 apply.
Standard Price per person