During this Discover the north of Portugal tour you will unveil the secrets of a lesser-known region in comparison to the Algarve and Lisbon and yet you will soon find that its assets are bound to charm you: world-famous wines, the unique landscapes of the Douro Valley, a rugged Atlantic coast and small towns and villages with unparalleled appeal. Here is the menu for this week stay full of culture, art and history. We have chosen small hotels for you, all with their own style and of course well located!
Day 1 & 2 - Porto
After landing you collect your rental car and drive to the city, your home away from home for the next two nights. On day 2 you will unveil the secrets of the city in the company of your local guide. Make sure you explore the old town which is classified as a UNESCO world heritage site.
Day 3 & 4 - Porto > Minho
You leave Porto and head to La Minho's Costa Verde where you will discover the fortified villages of Valença, Monçao and Melgaço all located near the banks of the Minho river. The next day is a perfect oppoprtunity to enjoy the coastline itself at your own pace and leisure. Go for it!
Day 5 -7 - Douro region
Exploring the unique Douro valley is actually making time to stroll and sniff around. Hence your extended stay here. This way you can fully enjoy the wines and gastronomy in the typical taverns and all the region has to offer!
Day 8 - Douro region > Porto
- For Belgian citizens* (babies and children as well) a valid Belgian ID suffices as well as a valid driving license.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or persons travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The online tours are just a few examples of possible travel itineraries. Each one can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections' Group Service by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
No mandatory vaccinations. To verify the latest updates on health requirements, please surf to www.itg.be.
Medical interventions and costs can soon become outrageous abroad. Reflect before leaving and subscribe a decent travel insurance. Our protections All-in Premier insurance was especially designed specifically for travel to the U.S.A. and provides ample cover for all major calamities (fly-on-time and natural disasters included)!
The time zone is identical to Belgium for all listed European countries with the exception of
Greece and Finland: Belgian time +1 hour
Portugal: Belgian time -1 hour.
Albania - Lek (ALL)- 1000 ALL = 8.04 EUR & 1 EUR = 124.38 ALL (08/05/2020)
Croatia - Kuna (HRK) - 100 HRK = 13.21 EUR & 1 EUR = 7.57 HRK (08/05/2020)
Denmark - Krone (DKK) - 100 DKK = 13.40 EUR & 1 EUR = 7.46 DKK (08/05/2020)
Georgia - Lari (GEL), 100 GEL = 28,79 EUR & 1 EUR = 3.47 GEL (25/05/20)
Iceland - Króna (ISK), 1000 ISK = 6,40 EUR & 1 EUR = 156,13 ISK (25/05/20)
Norway - Krone (NOK) - 100 NOK = 9.04 EUR & 1 EUR = 11.06 NOK (08/05/2020)
Poland - Zloty (PLN) - 100 PLN = 21,96 EUR & 1 EUR = 4.55 PLN (08/05/2020)
Romania - Leu (RON) 100 RON = 20.70 EUR & 1 EUR = 4.83 RON (08/05/2020)
Serbia - Dinar (RSD) - 1000 RSD = 8.50 EUR & 1 EUR = 117.56 RSD (08/05/2020)
Sweden - Krone (SEK) - 100 SEK = 9.42EUR & 1 EUR = 10.61 SEK (08/05/2020
Finland = EUR
Greece = EUR
Italy = EUR
Malta = EUR
Montenegro = EUR
Portugal = EUR
Slovenia = EUR
Spain = EUR
The European climate is as diverse as its countries. Global warming often portrays very different temperatures than were the norm a few years ago. If we would dare to any draw a line in it, we could generally speaking state that
- Southern Europe (Albania, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Montenegro, Portugal, Serbia & Spain) enjoys a warm Mediterranean climate. Summer gets cozy and temperatures around 30°/35° C are no exception, especially during July and August. In addition to beautiful hues, autumn also brings slightly milder temperatures that remain very pleasant.
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Georgia) temperatures can rise considerably during the summer months of July and August. The 'golden Polish fall' usually brings pleasant temperatures around 20°C.
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden) summer it is quite pleasant for those who do not like extreme temperatures. Averages fluctuate around 20°C in Denmark. The further north you go, the lower the temperatures can drop. Mind you here as well exceptions rule. In July 2018, a temperature of 32°C has been recorded in Copenhagen! !
- Return flight Brussels - Porto incl. luggage
- 7 nights incl. breakfast in the mentioned hotels or equivalent
- 8-day rental car incl. insurance without excess 1/2pers: Type EDMR, 3 Pers: Type CDMR, 4 pers Type CWMR)
- Private guided city tour of Porto
What's not included?
Unlisted meals and drinks, tipping, fuel, additional insurances, personal expenses and travel insurance.
Superior Price per person
Superior PLUS Price per person