The fact Mexico has a rich and fascinating past could not possibly come as a surprise to anyone. All of us have at one time or another seen or heard something about its ancient cultural treasures and phenomenal sites with a Among the most impressive ones undoubtedly Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ixmal and Palenque. They are one by one capital highlights. Probably for quite a few of us Mexico represents the structures and wisdom of ancient civilizations, such as Maya, Aztecs, Toltecs, Olmecs, Mixtec’s and Zapotecs. Never heard of them? Really? Then it is high time to fill in the blanks. After all, Connections stands for 'Go. Explore! 'and will happily help pave the way to new horizons and exciting experiences. So cheers to this territory where indigenous lifestyles still rule, where colonial cities like Mérida, San Cristóbal Querétaro, San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato are lovingly restored and where nature abundantly displays its majestic character.
Fancy a bit of adventure next to temples and ruins or exclusive 5-star resorts along pearly white sandy beaches? In Mexico you can expect volcanoes, rainforest, waterfalls, mangroves, even deserts and 58 national parks! And those who love fauna and flora will be spoilt for choice as well. Mexico is home to 20,000 plant species – including 20 meters high cacti and giant cypresses – and more than 1000 bird species! And then there is the hospitality, the colourful costumes, ponchos and sombreros, the lusty carnival, the delicious Mexican cuisine with tasteful tacos, nachos and tequila. You get the picture: a holiday in Mexico offers a whole palette of experiences that are not to be scorned. Indeed, Mexico is muy caliente. So gringo and gringa, what is keeping you?
Have a safe and carefree trip: travel fully insured with our Protections travel insurance! Our Protections insurance policies offer various formulas in order to offer you the widest possible cover (with even a fly-on-time, natural catastrophes and epidemics) for both single journeys or for the entire year. We guarantee you the best protection at the best price.
The tours in our brochures are just a few examples of travel itineraries possible. Our trips can be tailored to suit your specific needs. If you want to book a specific destination or combine it with a mini-tour then we will gladly make you a tailor-made offer. For a personalised day-by-day program please contact our destination experts.
Would you like to travel in a group; with your entire family, friends or colleagues? (min. 10 people required). Put our know-how to the test and send us your details and wishes. We will gladly turn the blueprints of your trip into a detailed quote and a lasting memory for you to cherish. Contact our Connections’ Group Service by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on +32 (0)2 550 01 65. We would love to hear from you.
- All Belgian nationals travelling on a Belgian passport (children and babies included) must be in possession of an international e-passport (electronic) containing min. 2 blank pages and valid for 6 months after your return flight date.
- Travellers with a non-Belgian nationality and / or travellers travelling on a foreign passport are invited to spontaneously report this matter to the Connections travel consultant and shall contact their respective embassy (s) or Consulate (ate) to obtain the latest updates concerning all current travel requirements and documents.
Please verify the latest updates on health requirements , please surf to www.itg.be.
Mexico has three time zones:
Mexico City: GMT -6
La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico : GMT -7
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico : GMT -8
The currency is the Mexican Peso: 100 MXN = 4.32 EUR & 1 EUR = 23.17 MXN (22/11/2018)
Please verify the latest exchange rate on on www.XE.com
Mexico is a vast country and therefore has three climate zones that are simply referred to as hot, temperate and cold. The surrounding ocean and mountains largely determine the ambient temperatures. Simplified the climate zones are referred to as: from sea level to 800 m: hot and humid; between 800 m and 1600 m: moderate & above 1600 m cold with drastic temperature differences between day and night.Moreover 2 seasons can be distinguished: dry from December to April, rain from May to November, although you can expect a tropical downpour in the dry season and vice versa the rainy season can turn out very dry. Just like in the US, most tropical storms migrate across the country during autumn.
Average Temperatures (°C):
|Playa del Carmen||28||29||30||31||32||32||32||32||32||31||30||28|
- Playa del Carmen is located in the east and is undoubtedly Mexico's most fashionable resort, full stop. There is a wide range of water sports available here, but canopy tours, mountain biking, swimming in and diving to cenotes are popular as well and will boost your adrenaline. The archaeological site of Tulum lies +/- 70 km to the south, Cancun +/- 70 km to the north and Chichen Itza about 180 km inland but also Merida is nearby. The local Coco Bongo's bars and clubsare a phenomenon not to be missed as they are synonyms for flying acrobats, musical homages and spectacular parties. Very popular with young people from all over the world.
- Puerto Vallarta on the Banderas Bay describes itself as a city in the middle of the mountain, the sea, the sun and the sand, whose inhabitants are kind by nature and eager to serve the visitors’. It is a seaside resort with a number of spectacular beaches. For example, Playa de Los Muertos is the total opposite of what its name suggests: it is a buzzing place and very popular among volleyball players and parasailers. Looking for a totally zen spot? The beaches are located on islands off the coast, such as Las Marietas or Las Caletas will gladly oblige!
- Cancún: if its action you are looking for, animated restaurants and a colourful upmarket nightlife Cancún is the place to be. This seaside resort is located in the far north of Mexico on the Caribbean coast. Both adventure, culture and nature buffs call the place home. Isla Mujeres and the popular El Garrafón reef are magnets for travellers form around the globe.
- Tulum is a walled city in an enviable location at the top of a steep rock towering over a spotless white sandy beach. It lies to the south of both Cancun and Playa del Carmen and has possibly thanks to its more isolated southern location been spared from the mass tourism which hit its northern counterparts . It is the place par excellence for amateurs of quiet beach holidays and is home to a stunning pre-Columbian Mayan site.
- Merida Is the social economic centre and the capital of Yucatan. The city lies at just under 300 km inland from Playa del Carmen and just a little more from Cancún. From here the famous sites of Uxmal and Kabah are within easy reach and daytrip to the fishing village and nature reserve of Calestún is a very popular activity.
- Mexico City: a city of millions of people that unites old and new. You can visit the pyramids of Teotihuacan, the Quetzalcoatl and jaguar temple, as well as the shrine of Guadalupe.
- Mexico City
- Chichen Itza
This 13-day international group tour will introduce you to the highlights of Mexico. You will discover and explore ruins and pyramids of the Maya and the Aztecs and enjoy a beach holiday at the Mayan Riviera.
- 13 days
- Riviera Maya
During this 13-day road trip, at the wheel of your included rental car, you will be touring the highlights of the Mexican state, Yucatan, its archaeological sites, colonial cities, national parks and of course lovely beaches. Cultural discoveries, nature explorations and quiet farniente on the beach are all included in your programme, above water level as well as below it. Sportive and exciting the Gulf of Mexico and the landlocked cenotes will make for a fascinating time of exploration in Mexico's abundant nature scenes..
- 13 days